There are a few projects I’ve finished that have yet to be posted here. And here’s the first of those. My son is 10 months old now, and it was about time I made him another hat. He grew out of the first one in the spring, when he was only 2 or 3 months old.
This time I made up my own pattern and adjusted/corrected it as I went. The yarn is one of the self-striping options in the Liberty Wool line by Classic Elite Yarns. I use a lot of fingering weight yarns, and this is worsted. So it seemed to knit up quickly. The ribbing also makes it nice and stretchy (you can see Henry testing that below). Here are the photos.
Cheers, and happy new year!
Some pattern details: It’s 3×3 ribbing on US 7 needles. My gauge was 9 sts per 4 cm. When decreasing for the crown, I transitioned (over several rows for each stage) to 2×2 ribbing, then 1×1, with no decreases on alternate rows. I think I could have decreased more sharply a few rows before the end–Notice the top puffs a bit. It almost needs a pompom. I might add that 🙂